Saturday, November 24, 2012

Simple Half Circle Skirt for Children





New Skirts
Simple Brown Skirt




A few months ago I did a tutorial on how to make a simple brown skirt.  I used the same method to make a couple more skirts for one of my daughters.  I did try something new- putting a 'bustle' type piece in the back.  I don't think I'll do it again with the same type of fabric, but it was a good learning experience.  Here are a few pictures of the process, but if you want more details on how to make it, please see my original tutorial on this blog here.






Brown skirt's method of measuring



Arrow points a the corner of the fabric below to make the bustle
I cut along the edge of the first piece to make the 'bustle'.
I used some old double-knit polyester from a second-hand store (D.I.) because I knew it could hold up to her rough playing.
Adding the bustle triangle
I just sewed it onto the open seam of the the 'half' skirt.
Bustle open to show you
Bustle closed and ready to trim
I cut the excess to make it even.  Then I added some bright ruby red elastic trim.  She likes them!  I like the 'old' homemade look it my clothing.  It helps when I use ric rac and polyester fabric that dates back at least 40 years!  I love D.I.!!


idealeon.com

Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment